Losing a tooth can be devastating. It is painful, affects your appearance, and can lead to other health problems. Dental implants by Dr Schepis at S Dental Specialists can improve the quality of life for patients in Maywood and Rochelle Park, NJ. Dental implants improve your oral health while helping you gain the confidence that comes with a natural smile that looks great and feels good. There are many benefits to replacing missing teeth with dental implants.
— Correct bite misalignments
— Eliminate the need for bothersome dentures
— Maintain the health of adjacent teeth; no need for bridge work
— Preserve the integrity of bone structure after tooth loss
— Improve speaking ability
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace the tooth’s natural anchoring roots with biocompatible titanium that supports a porcelain crown tooth. At our cosmetic dentist offices in Maywood and Rochelle Park, dental implant restorations have three parts:
- Bone-integrated titanium implant
- Implant abutment
- Porcelain crown made to match your natural teeth
What is the process for dental implants?
- Planning is the most important part of the process. A thorough treatment plan can spell the difference between success and failure for your implants. Specialized imaging may be used to determine bone condition and visualize a 3D view to ensure perfect placement.
- Dr. Schepis will place the dental implant in the ideal location for gum tissue to form around the implant.
- The bone around the dental implant will develop and integrate with the new implant in a a few weeks.
- For esthetic purposes, a temporary restoration may be placed if the implant is in a visible area until the site heals.
- After the healing is complete, Dr. Schepis will place the dental implant abutment to connect the dental implant to the natural-looking porcelain crown.
- Your crown will be attached to the abutment and you will have a functional, natural-looking tooth!
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
Anyone who is missing teeth is a candidate for dental implants. We work with clients at a variety of ages. It does not matter how old you are but it does matter if you are too young. Since bones are still forming during teen years we advise our younger patients to wait for implants till they have a developed bone structure.
The best time for a dental implant is shortly after a tooth extraction. However, Dr. Schepis has placed dental implants successfully several years after tooth loss occurred. The most important requirement for dental implants is an adequate amount of healthy bone to support and implant.
Do dental implants need to be replaced?
Dr. Schepis has successfully placed hundreds of dental implants his Maywood, New Jersey practice. He has never had to remove an implant, or replace one after years of successful use. He even does dental work for the New Jersey Devils — if he can fix a hockey player’s teeth, he can fix yours! We believe that thorough planning is imperative for success. At S Dental Specialists, we take meticulous care to ensure the forces in the mouth are properly distributed so implants are not forced in an incorrect direction.